well point well using DC pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marjorie Stree

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 14' (approximate) deep sand point well with a pitcher pump that pumps nicely. I wanted to also use a DC pump but it's not working. I think I have the plumbing correct but perhaps the HF (290 GPH DC0 pump isn't powerful enough? The picture below does not show the additional valve I installed just below the pump. The check valve is facing the correct way and I believe it's airtight. I also shortened the hose between the well and the pump to about a foot. I prime using the picture pump, shut the valve, then turn on the DC pump but I don't get water. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.IMG_4199.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4199.jpeg
    IMG_4199.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 1
I’m no pump expert by far but it sounds like the pump isn’t powerful enough. It has a shut off head and you’ve probably exceeded the height that the pump can pump.

There are other members who will be able to help you with more certainty.

That pump won't pump air very well, so for it to operate, the suction line to pump needs to be flooded all the way to the pump. So, I'm not sure your priming method is accomplishing that. The instructions for the pump also state a couple of steps that you may have overlooked.

1653316039568.png
1653316256677.png

Latest posts

Back