Weird Tub Overflow Fitting

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pmwright

Reaction score
Can anyone help ID the pictured tub overflow fitting? It is cemented into the elbow with the flange inside the tub. There’s a gasket behind the flange but no ability to mount a standard 2 hole cover. I’m upgrading the tub kit and am stuck on this right now. I can’t find a replacement cover for this piece and can’t think of a way to convert the pipe without tearing open an access panel (2nd story above the stairs, not easy!) Ideas, knowledge?!AE6D1AB6-A5FC-4609-8717-47B8C845A8AD.jpeg

Seems like if there’s a gasket behind the flange it would thread in rather than be solvent welded or “ glued “.

Maybe not, I’ve never seen one of those.

I think you’re right. I checked again and I think it’s threaded but I can’t find anything compatible with the front face.

So I just realized I have a similar setup in my MB soaker tub. All I really need is a replacement faceplate pictured here. No info on it to find the right part. Any ideas?

Attachments

• B3DFCBB2-0CBC-497F-BDE5-60288524CE85.jpeg
    B3DFCBB2-0CBC-497F-BDE5-60288524CE85.jpeg
    815.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 6D8262A0-6ECA-461B-B7F3-AFD6967159C8.jpeg
    6D8262A0-6ECA-461B-B7F3-AFD6967159C8.jpeg
    867.2 KB · Views: 3
You might could buy this or one similar. Then modify it to work with what you have .

https://www.lowes.com/pd/WESTBRASS-...GPsAZIlfaYYBVncJ0_8aApe8EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Maybe not. I’ve never done it.

As a professional my course of action would be to access the back of the tub from behind or below the tub and replace it the overflow.

Maybe someone will recognize what you have and it’s still available. Plumbing can be regional. What’s used in my area might not be as common in your area.

Good luck to you.

Twowaxhack, thanks for the help. I ended up getting a 3” center mount cover and modified the PVC fitting by trimming the outside diameter and adding the metal mount plate just behind the face flange. I managed to do it without affecting the seal (one behind the tab wall and another o-ring on the flange fitting). Certainly not the “right“ answer, but it works and looks good, so I call it a win!

Twowaxhack, thanks for the help. I ended up getting a 3” center mount cover and modified the PVC fitting by trimming the outside diameter and adding the metal mount plate just behind the face flange. I managed to do it without affecting the seal (one behind the tab wall and another o-ring on the flange fitting). Certainly not the “right“ answer, but it works and looks good, so I call it a win!
You need a job ? I’m hiring 👍😜
Good job 👍

Back