Weird Kitchen Sing Drain Issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerSoldier

Reaction score
2 story home. Built 1994, main level kitchen dual/two tub sink. Has disposal and dishwasher going through that sink.
Clogged, water does not drain. Does drain very slowly if you let it sit there.

Upstairs bathroom tub drain water will cause kitchen sink to fill with water.
Got on roof, no visual obstruction of vent, ran water with waterhose through vent,
sink also fills up when water is put through vent tube on roof.
Upstairs bathroom sink and tub go through different line, as they do not fill up the sink when used.

I have a finished basement, but can see the pipe that comes from the sink.
Ran 50' snake through kitchen sink entrance, though pipe to main line(in basement).
Ran snake through roof vent, to main line.
Can hear snake in pipe in basement.

Have not ran snake through upstairs tub.

The only other thing connected is my wife's sink, right near the branch where it
goes to the main line down into ground(in basement).
My wife's sink drains fine.

If the snake has made it through, not sure what is going on?
The vent is clear.

Really weird.

Going to snake upstairs tub, while running slow water, with downstairs sink pipe open, into bucket. See what happens with that.

when a pipe is clogged with grease, you can send a cable thru the grease and when you pull it back
the grease will close right back up.

sounds like you need to bite the bullet and call a pro to jet your lines

tip for after you get it cleared. nothing in the kitchen, except water goes down that drain

especially grease, oil, .if you drink coffee, get a coffee can, keep it undr the sink to pour grease into

when full, throw in the garbage and get another can.

Nothing at all "weird" about your clog, typical kitchen clog. Exactly as Frodo expertly explained.

Latest posts

Back