wax vs non wax ring

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeesnob

Reaction score
I need to replace the wax ring. Is a wax ring the best bet or should I go with a non-wax ring.

Wax. Tried and true, doesn't deteriorate and will form to imperfections of the bowl. Using anything else is just a waste of labour, because you will replace it again before wou would replace a wax seal.

Wax. Tried and true, doesn't deteriorate and will form to imperfections of the bowl. Using anything else is just a waste of labour, because you will replace it again before wou would replace a wax seal.

Thanks. Do you put it on toilet or flange in floor? Normal size or extra large ?

Personally I put it on the flange, then set the toilet. Others do the opposite, both give you the same result just different way of getting there.

As for ring size, that depends on your rough in. If the flange was placed on top of the finished floor, regular size. If the flange was placed on the rough floor, and the finished floor was put around the flange, then you will need an extra large seal or stack 2 regulars to make up the difference

Personally I put it on the flange, then set the toilet. Others do the opposite, both give you the same result just different way of getting there.

As for ring size, that depends on your rough in. If the flange was placed on top of the finished floor, regular size. If the flange was placed on the rough floor, and the finished floor was put around the flange, then you will need an extra large seal or stack 2 regulars to make up the difference

thank you...

Latest posts

Back