Wax Ring Replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the over/under conundrum, I have the inner/outer one. 8*) There's a 3D-printed shim in the middle to keep the roll centered.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpeg
    IMG_0116.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I agree with you on that. I also use the wax to embed the toilet bolts so they stick straight up, to ensure when I drop the toilet, it is dropped exactly at the correct spot. Once the toilet bolts are semi-tight, I sit on the toilet, wiggle around to smash the wax evenly, then level, secure the bolts, then apply caulk on the front and sides for a finished look, and to stop future wobble. Then I tape a "do not use for 24 hours" sign on the lid.
The Oatey kit includes bolts and washer type devices that have slits that hold the bolts so that they stick straight up. Just another option

I also use the wax to embed the toilet bolts so they stick straight up, to ensure when I drop the toilet, it is dropped exactly at the correct spot. Once the toilet bolts are semi-tight, I sit on the toilet, wiggle around to smash the wax evenly, then level, secure the bolts, then apply caulk on the front and sides for a finished look, and to stop future wobble. Then I tape a "do not use for 24 hours" sign on the lid.
Havasu, thanks. At 76, this simple job is not in my reach, but now I'll know what to look for when a plumber does the job. Or should I assume all plumbers know and do this?

Back