Water softner wastewater line to storm drainage : Code in NJ

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minku

Reaction score
Hello
My water softner is in my basement and there is no sewer line or drain pipe there. The brine/waste water line goes outside and township asked me to remove my softner since it violate the code in NJ.
I have stormwater/rainwater drainage in my plot/land.
Can I connect water softner wastewater (brine) line to stormwater drainage? Is this valid according to NJ plumbing code?
Or can I connect it to sump pump in basement and then to storm water drainage? Please let me know. If this is not a solution, then only option is to remove my water softner :(
Any help on this much appreciated.
Minku

Brine tanks are also disallowed to be installed in Kalifornia, because the constant need to purge the brine into the public sewer system. Most are removing those type of soft water tanks and now either removing them all together, or replacing them with LifeSource (or similar) water systems.

Brine tanks are also disallowed to be installed in Kalifornia, because the constant need to purge the brine into the public sewer system. Most are removing those type of soft water tanks and now either removing them all together, or replacing them with LifeSource (or similar) water systems.
It’s people like you that ruin the environment with your “ brine “ tanks and chemicals. Think of the kids……

Back