Water Pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cullinanpat

Reaction score
Hi, Looking for your thoughts, I have had pretty good water pressure at my house even if two fixtures were drawing water at the same time. I added about 200' of 3/4 pipe to my garage now my pressure is terrible at the house. Now I can understand a lose in pressure if I was drawing water from the garage but my pressure at the main home has been reduced even when no water is being drawn from the garage it is like just adding the extra pipe has caused a reduction in pressure. Why would this happen? I appreciate your help. Thank you

Make sure the valves you turned off to do the additions are turned fully back on.

T that is a good thought I will double check. I just cant think of how adding pipe and I know it was a lot of pipe but if is is not drawing it should not reduce pressure.. Right?

It should not reduce the pressure on the house. Unless you piped it in an odd way where the water is running through all of the garage pipe before it gets to your house. Which would be unlikely.

It should not reduce the pressure on the house. Unless you piped it in an odd way where the water is running through all of the garage pipe before it gets to your house. Which would be unlikely.
no funky piping like that I think your answers are pointing to what I think it may be. The old galvanized pipe from the street probably clogging up after I turned it off and back on??

no funky piping like that I think your answers are pointing to what I think it may be. The old galvanized pipe from the street probably clogging up after I turned it off and back on??

If you have old galvanized pipe, that’s most likely the problem.

Latest posts

Back