water not flushing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velive

Reaction score
problem just started out of the blue:

when I press down the handle to flush, the water at first seems like it's going to go down but then the toilet makes a loud sound and stops.

The only way I can get it to flush fully is by pressing down on the handle and holding it down until all the water flows out.

What is the cause and how can I fix it?

If you need any more info or photos of any part of the toilet, just let me know! Thanks.

The yellow foam adjusts up and down to hold the flapper open or make it close.

The white plastic clip that’s floating in your tank secures It. See pic.C7F46BE9-B4DA-45CD-93BC-C5ED424C02A8.jpeg
The refill hose should also be secured with a clip as shown in this pic below. You’re is not and will cause the toilet to periodically refill itself.
1B925DF4-7940-491D-8C05-583D4AE9C156.jpeg

I found a clip on the tube and tried to attach the refill hose to it. Does it look correct?

Looking in the tank I noticed there is another white plastic clip on the chain near the bottom. You can see it in the attached pic.

Where should I attach the second white clip that fell off? Will the toilet flush normally then?

IMG_8481.JPG

The white clips hold the foam piece in place. The foam piece adjusts up and down to adjust how long the flapper stays up.

Slide the foam disk to the bottom clip then place the other on top to secure it. Try the flush. If you don’t like, adjust the foam piece higher.

Back