Water leaking onto floor due to un-level tub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelloFarfel

Reaction score
Hey there-
I've discovered that a built in bathtub in a property I own is not level. Water has been leaking out when tenant takes a shower and pools in the front corner of the tub where it meets the floor. This has resulted in water eventually leaking through the floor. I know the "proper" fix is to pull everything out, level the floor, put everything back and then re-tile but the expense of that right now is daunting. I'm wondering if it would be possible to just build a wall about one or two (4x4") tiles wide along the edge from the tub to the ceiling to keep the water in the tub. If a shower curtain is pulled all the way to the wall behind the new tiled wall it seems that would do the trick. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20211214_085148.jpg
    20211214_085148.jpg
    811.3 KB · Views: 14
An interesting problem. Although I don't see it, I assume (yes I know that assume can make an "ass of u and me") but is there a shower curtain installed. My kids were getting water all over the floor so I just installed a bypass shower door system and problem solved. I can foresee those plastic pieces becoming a maintenance headache if the person getting in and out of the shower is "less than gazelle-like" in their jumping abilities.

My apologies. Please disregard. I went off half-cocked once again although the bypass shower door would fix it. I now realize what the real issue here is. My bad.

Last edited:
You could make sure the showerhead is only putting out 2.5 gpm.

High flow showerheads create more cast off and that means more water on the walls of the shower.

The corner pieces work good. I've put them on a couple times and customers were happy. No more mess on floor. If your
tenants tear them up then build your wall

Back