Water leak at pressure valve bulkhead?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redburn

Reaction score
My GE water heater has a leak coming from the pressure relief valve bulkhead or nut. Not sure the proper name. It’s not coming from the threads but from around the nut the valve goes into. I replaced the valve but no success. Is this even repairable?29CEB32E-B92C-4EA9-967F-A7ED63C187EC.jpeg9383B191-AAD1-46DF-BB6B-3FC69F674E77.jpeg

It could be a leak formed in the top of the tank and that’s just where water is finding it’s way out.

It could be a leak formed in the top of the tank and that’s just where water is finding it’s way out.
So I went and checked everything that could leak on top and that’s the only spot. I can actually see the water slowly well up around that piece. Maybe there’s a gasket under there that cracked?

Judging by how many threads are showing you need to turn that T&P valve about 3 more times

Matt you were absolutely correct. Water welling up out of cold water supply connection and output now. Also popped off the plastic grommets and water coming up there too. This tank is shot I assume? It is 16 years old. Surprised I got that many years out of it. Thanks for your input it is appreciated. 43A982E0-0906-49BA-9FDE-615996A10ED4.jpeg61CD0AFB-7D5B-48C3-9B49-27F213C7BDD1.jpeg

Latest posts

Back