Water heater capacity

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamas

Reaction score
Hi,
Any body can help me to calculate the capacity of a 100gallon water heater
in an existing 16-unit apartment building in Los Angeles.

is the existing 100-gallon is enough for all 1-bed room small apartments.

Thank you:confused::(

It's not the size of the tank but the Recovery rate.
The higher the BTU's the higher the recovery rate.

Like comparing 2 Ford Mustangs. one has a 6 banger and the other is a supercharged V8.

I put 75 gallons on single home dwellings, you will need two 100 gallon water heaters with a recirc pump

Hi,
Any body can help me to calculate the capacity of a 100gallon water heater
in an existing 16-unit apartment building in Los Angeles.

is the existing 100-gallon is enough for all 1-bed room small apartments.

Thank you:confused::(

I'll try again.

The capacity of a 100 gallon water is about 100 gallons.
Will it handle 16, 1 bedroom units.
A system that big probably has a recirc system which will add to the capacity of the available hot water.

Like I said before it's the BTU rating on the heater that you need to know what it can do.

keep in mind for later that if you think you need a heater with a higher BTU rating than exiting, it may need a larger vent. Or it already has a larger vent because some one down sized it to cut cost of replacement.

best to call a water heater manufacture and ask them if they can help you size it.

here something to read http://reliablewater247.com/commercial-water-heater-options-sizing-how-to-choose/

I'll try again.

The capacity of a 100 gallon water is about 100 gallons.
Will it handle 16, 1 bedroom units.
A system that big probably has a recirc system which will add to the capacity of the available hot water.

Like I said before it's the BTU rating on the heater that you need to know what it can do.

keep in mind for later that if you think you need a heater with a higher BTU rating than exiting, it may need a larger vent. Or it already has a larger vent because some one down sized it to cut cost of replacement.

best to call a water heater manufacture and ask them if they can help you size it.

here something to read http://reliablewater247.com/commercial-water-heater-options-sizing-how-to-choose/
Thank you
Now my knowledge about water heater capacity has gone steps up:D

Back