Water coming out of Humidifier loop

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkustb

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Furnace humidifier that uses water evaporator to give humidity in winter when the furnace is on. It started to dropping water from the pipe that drains water from the water evaporator drain pipe/hole a week ago. I turned the humidifier off and the leaking is stopped, the remaining water stays in a three way channel with vertical height of 10cm. Please check the video I uploaded for problem description (you can download the mp4, if not displayed in browser, thank you).

So far, I tried to use a Dry/Web vacuum cleaner, but the total drain outlet is so far from the place suspected, it didn't work. I checked online, and want to resort to Gallo Drain Gun. But before this, I want to ask if it's a right choice. I want to apply the Drain Gun at the place for the water evaporator drain hole/pipe. But since this is a 3 way channel, will the air pressure give bad consequences to the drain/water source end? If not, I will give a try.

Any advice about if this is safe to go would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DrainLine_Problem_desc_small.mp4
    11.6 MB
  • To_TryOut.JPG
    To_TryOut.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I doubt you'd have luck trying to blow out due to the diffusive arrangement.
I would redo the far end with a tee and create a cleanout in the run.
If that far end is a A/C condensate drain, then it is wrong in the first place, because condensate needs to have a trap and a secondary drain or power cutoff switch

Latest posts

Back