Washer Identification help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpk02

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for any information you can provide related to the identification of the washer / gasket shown in the pictures below. This came out of the end of a preinstalled water supply line for a bathroom vanity faucet. I bought a new faucet and one of the lines was missing a gasket. I've had the faucets for a while and I think I'm beyond my return window because I was working on the bathroom and finally got around to installing the faucet in our new vanity.

I'd like to buy a replacement so I can put the faucet in service. It is a 3/8" compression fitting on the end of the water supply line for a Delta 15891 faucet. I assume it will be easy to find what I need once I know what it's called. I've searched a fair bit on the internet and haven't come up with anything. It is a different gasket than what you find in the end of a 3/8" compression fitting on a replacement water supply line.

Attachments

• 20240201_182013.jpg
    20240201_182013.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240201_182032.jpg
    20240201_182032.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240201_180137.jpg
    20240201_180137.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 0
If it came with the Delta faucet you’ll need to call Delta to get the part or look up the model number faucet and look at the parts breakdown list to get the part number then purser it from a Delta distributor.

I have a question submitted to them on their website but no answer yet. Thanks for responding. On my list to call them, but I was hoping it would be more universal since it was on the 3/8" compression fitting on the end of the hose that connects to the water supply valve and not the faucet itself

I have a question submitted to them on their website but no answer yet. Thanks for responding. On my list to call them, but I was hoping it would be more universal since it was on the 3/8" compression fitting on the end of the hose that connects to the water supply valve and not the faucet itself
Show the whole water supply

Get me some good pics.

Hope these help

Attachments

• 20240201_204853.jpg
    20240201_204853.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240201_204912.jpg
    20240201_204912.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240201_204922.jpg
    20240201_204922.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240201_204946.jpg
    20240201_204946.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Second picture is the one with the missing gasket. Third picture is what it should look like with the gasket installed.

You can’t buy those washers, or I’ve never seen them for sale. You need to contact Delta by phone and have the model number ready.

Thanks. I have that info. I'll try them tomorrow. I'd never seen anything like it either. I suspect a flat washer would work as it looks like the mating surface is flat...which seems odd I guess for a compression fitting...would have thought it would be tapered a bit. Thanks for taking the time to try to help

Thanks. I have that info. I'll try them tomorrow. I'd never seen anything like it either. I suspect a flat washer would work as it looks like the mating surface is flat...which seems odd I guess for a compression fitting...would have thought it would be tapered a bit. Thanks for taking the time to try to help
I’m not saying something else couldn’t work but depending on where it’s being installed, it’s not worth the risk.

I’d hate for you to cause thousands in water damage by using a homemade fix that fails while no one is around to stop the flood.

Before You Call, Locate Your Model Number.

Ways to Find Your Model Number

box label 0
On Your Box
model number
On Your Faucet Supply Line
Use the Product Identifier Tool
OUR SUPPORT TEAM IS
AVAILABLE AT THESE TIMES:

Mon - Fri : 8 am - 6 pm EST
Sat: 9 am - 6 pm EST
HOLIDAY CLOSURE:
New Year's Day:
Closed 1/1/2024
Memorial Day: Closed 5/25-5/27/2024
Independence Day: Closed 7/4-7/5/2024
Labor Day: Closed 8/31-9/2/2024
Thanksgiving: Closed 11/28-11/29/2024
Christmas: Closed 12/24-12/25/2024
New Year's Eve: Closed 12/31/2024
PHONE NUMBER
1-800-345-DELTA (3358)

I know this is a minor issue, but maybe the info will help someone else. Delta did eventually respond back to my question that was posted on their website. I suspect they're going to send me another one, but they also indicated that the part in question is RP51243. A quick search for that part brings up images of gaskets that look similar but don't appear to be exactly the same. I guess I'll wait to see what Delta does and confirm the part number if they send me anything.

I know this is a minor issue, but maybe the info will help someone else. Delta did eventually respond back to my question that was posted on their website. I suspect they're going to send me another one, but they also indicated that the part in question is RP51243. A quick search for that part brings up images of gaskets that look similar but don't appear to be exactly the same. I guess I'll wait to see what Delta does and confirm the part number if they send me anything.
In cases like this (web question and getting a p/n that does not seem correct), I prefer to call the mfg directly and speak to a real person. In most cases, my experience is that they know their stuff. You can usually tell in the first 2 mins of the conversation if the person is experienced (or not). They can also tell you if the original part has been superseded by another p/n (always a good question to ask anyway).

In cases like this (web question and getting a p/n that does not seem correct), I prefer to call the mfg directly and speak to a real person. In most cases, my experience is that they know their stuff. You can usually tell in the first 2 mins of the conversation if the person is experienced (or not). They can also tell you if the original part has been superseded by another p/n (always a good question to ask anyway).
Fyi: I've had occasions to call Delta in the past four months. Regrettably, both times the agents were quite uniformed and I had quite an exercise making them understand my problems.

might have to try a call just for the humor value at this point. This is the latest response I got from them via email. Have to admit that I couldn't not smile when I read Delta's most recent reply below:

Thank you for sending the needed photo! Unfortunately, we do not have an o-ring or gasket part number that will fit in the hoses you have. The faucet will need to be replaced. To resolve this quickly, you might be able to take it back to the store and pick up the same one. However, if this is not an option we are happy to replace the faucet free of charge per the warranty!

I replied to basically say I found it highly surprising that the gasket didn't exist and asked if newer production runs of this faucet went with a different hose design. It's 2024...we have space probes over 14 billion miles from our planet that are exploring the far reaches of our galaxy and we don't have a gasket to fit on the end of a supply line that was manufactured less than a year ago? Something seems off. How does it make any sense to send me a new faucet (likely with the gasket I need at the bottom of the supply line) vs. just sending me a gasket?

might have to try a call just for the humor value at this point. This is the latest response I got from them via email. Have to admit that I couldn't not smile when I read Delta's most recent reply below:

Thank you for sending the needed photo! Unfortunately, we do not have an o-ring or gasket part number that will fit in the hoses you have. The faucet will need to be replaced. To resolve this quickly, you might be able to take it back to the store and pick up the same one. However, if this is not an option we are happy to replace the faucet free of charge per the warranty!

I replied to basically say I found it highly surprising that the gasket didn't exist and asked if newer production runs of this faucet went with a different hose design. It's 2024...we have space probes over 14 billion miles from our planet that are exploring the far reaches of our galaxy and we don't have a gasket to fit on the end of a supply line that was manufactured less than a year ago? Something seems off. How does it make any sense to send me a new faucet (likely with the gasket I need at the bottom of the supply line) vs. just sending me a gasket?
I’d take the new faucet and move on.

Back