Washer drain hookup question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PVC

Reaction score
So I just had all the galvanized plumbing in my house replaced with pex. One issue apparently was that the room where the washer and dryer were didn't have a crawl space. So they ran the water lines in the attic and down the wall, but couldn't apparently do much with the drain pipe pictured below. They did drill a hole in the wall but can't exactly dump it out on my concrete patio...

So I hooked it all back up. Thing is, the plastic drain tube attaches to a metal tube that then slips over another metal tube coming out of the floor. There is a hose clamp on it. The house is going through inspection tomorrow and I'm not sure if whey they run the washer the water will drain correctly or if it will leak from the part where I slipped the drain attachment from the washer over the tube. Should I get some kind of rubber washer and slip it under the tube and tighten with the hose clamp so it doesn't leak or should it be good to go as is??

Pics attached...

washer3.jpg

washer2.jpg

washer1.jpg

Not to code the standpipe is to long from the weir ,hopefully you have a trap under the concrete

Latest posts

Back