Want to Replace Old Shower Handle

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yarnaholic1963

Reaction score
I live in a condo that was built in the 70's and am trying to update my tub/shower combo. I'm hoping someone can help me regarding what brand and/or type of handle to buy. I'm looking for something that is compatible with my current plumbing. Thanks in advance!

You are dealing with something many homeowners face everyday. You have a very limited choice with stock (usually cheap) shower assemblies. Sometimes, if you know the manufacturer, you can search their website and they will provide you with some other options, but the best way is to replace the entire unit. What is on the opposite side of that wall? If you can cut through the drywall behind the valve, then the sky is the limit, if you just replace what you have. It would probably be cheaper in the long run.

Thank you for your answer! Unfortunately I don't have access to the oppsite side of the wall as it's my neighbor's condo. How would I find out the manufacturer?

We have some really great professionals in here, and hopefully, after our volunteer professionals come home from a hard day's work, they will see this thread and let you know exactly what manufacturer this is. Give this thread a few hours and hopefully you might get your answer.

Similar to Moen handle and often confused for Moen. It is a Valley handle. Available at any Home Depot and many other hardware type stores.

The only parts I know of that fit the Valley valve body are the same parts you have now. You can replace the trim with the same or tear out and replace the entire faucet valve and choose whichever brand you want to replace it. That valve can be replaced from the front, it is just much more difficult.

Back