Wall Mounted Toilet, Zurn Aquaflush Z6000

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadJax007

Reaction score
Hey y’all, first time posting but I am doing some handy work for a foundation locally who has a flushing problem with their wall mounted toilet. I bought a replacement kit with the diaphragm, vacuum chamber, and handle spring mechanism and installed with no change. Replaced the shutoff with no change either and seems it has actually gotten worse. Loud suction sound from diaphragm. Water will actually “flush” maybe one out of 10 flushes, but not well. Zurn Aquaflush Z6000, bought the 3.5 gpf replacement. Any advice or next step recommendations? Any help would be appreciated.

I use Sloan parts, on the toilet by the seat bolt holes it's should tell you what gpf the toilet is if you use the wrong kit it won't flush properly 3.5 gpf are for older toilets I believe around 1997 all toilets were changed to 1.6 gpf if you buy Sloan the kit is 41a for 1.6 gpf and 38a for 3.5 gpf when you had the flushometer apart did you check the body for rubber from the old stop
It also gets stuck in the vacuum breaker

I use Sloan parts, on the toilet by the seat bolt holes it's should tell you what gpf the toilet is if you use the wrong kit it won't flush properly 3.5 gpf are for older toilets I believe around 1997 all toilets were changed to 1.6 gpf if you buy Sloan the kit is 41a for 1.6 gpf and 38a for 3.5 gpf when you had the flushometer apart did you check the body for rubber from the old stop
It also gets stuck in the vacuum breaker
I could not for the life of me find a gpf marker. Just said “Standard” on the toilet. I disassembled the whole assembly and didn’t see any rubber pieces. I will try a 1.6 though and see if it does the trick. Guys at the supply house we’re giving a educated guess on it being 3.5 since I didn’t have any identifying marks. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back