Wall in My Water?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian678

Reaction score
When I turn on my faucet in the master bath (jacuzzi, with fountain like faucet) water comes out just fine however, in the water there are small particles that look like sheetrock. Probably about a handfull in the water each time. This stuff, rubbed between my fingers, turns into chaulk-like powder. I don't where it's coming from or who to call to have the problem solved.

The tub is against 2 walls, an outside wall and the wall adjacent to the "pottyroom." The other two walls of the tub are the actual sides of the tub open to the bathroom. I hope someone can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks.

The house was built in 78 but I've only been here 6 months, and the tub has been in place for two years, I'm guessing that's when the previous owner said they had remodeled the bathroom.

Unless that tub was never used, and what you are seeing is just the residual from the bathroom remodel, I'd be checking your plumbing. Are you on city or well water? Do you have any filters in the house right now that you can disect to find out if it is in the water system? Is your water exceptionally hard, and what you are seeing is mineral deposits?

I have one more thought. I once inspected a friend's new Jacuzzi tub, and saw the air intake was laying on the floor. Not only is this a hazard in case of backflow (in this case, it flooded his entire new 4 car garage!), it has the ability to suck up anything around it (similar to a vacuum), and could be sucking up drywall dust, etc.. Inspect the air intake if it is air jetted, and make sure it extends high above the tub.

My guess is that you have some mineral buildup in your piping system that is breaking loose. If this is the case, letting the faucet run for awhile should resolve the issue. Other than that, I would take a look at the air intake like Havasu mentioned.

Another thing you might check. Run just the hot water, and then just the cold water. See if the debris appears on one and not the other. It is not uncommon to get alot of mineral buildup in the water heater. You might need to flush that out.

hello,
i have consider your problem. i think coz it had not been used for a long time hence the dust must have been collected in pipe line.
even now u r using it after a long time ....dust is coming in the water in a form of small particle of sheet. .....hence u must change your pipe line connections of tub....

Back