viessmann vitodens 222f controller help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olefella

Reaction score
Greetings guys
i was hoping you might help an old fella out with what ill seem rather simple issue for you tech savey guys in regards to the programming of my veissmann combi boiler. my question is probably only directed with those fimilure with the vitotronic 200 controller but perhaps its the same on most programable combi boilers

we have Installed as mentioned above the veissmann vitodens 222F combi gas boiler with the vitotronic 200 control unit. we have been using only the central heating side of the unit to heat our house as we have had individual electric water heating for our potable water ( bathrooms/ kitchen)

we have recently renovated a new bathroom and made a plumbing connection to the boiler but im unable to get the programming working .... i can either have the house warm or have a nice hot shower i cant seem to get both.

ive got the Rad room temp set at 22 and timer set to 6.00 to 22.00 ( this works great with no problems )
when i go into the DHW settings and raise the temp to 50C ( the recommended temp) i can hear the hot water being created and fill up the DHW storage tank ( i can see the fill pump has turned on) and i can have a hot shower but in doing this it turns of the Radiators and they never turn back on again untill i drop the DHW temp back down to 30 than i hear the burner turn back on and how water return back to the radiators. i know that a combi boiler will alway give priority to hot water. The combi will do the hot water or the heating. Combis don't have the capability to run both heating and hot water parallel with each other.

so im sure it has to do with the program times.

for those familiar with this boiler and the vitotronic 200... this is what im trying to achieve ...

rads on between 6.00am -10pm
DHW on between 7-9am and 4-8pm
and also hot water on demand at all times ( as i understand this is water that is created outside of these preset times that is instantly created

not sure if this is possible but logic would say that it is but im just unable to figure it out. also im unsure if i should choose automatic or individual timing for the DHW those fimilure with the vitronic will know of what option i speak of

any help would be greatly appreciated and it will make the wife happy

cheers

Back