Vessel Sink Drains Slow

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlumbingSocal

Reaction score
Vessel sink won’t drain fast like a normal sink, this one has no overflow. From what I’ve seen they just need to be vented, what is the proper way to do this before the P-Trap?

Attachments

• 9AE97668-7424-4ED3-B6E4-6EF32917AF17.jpeg
    9AE97668-7424-4ED3-B6E4-6EF32917AF17.jpeg
    511.3 KB · Views: 4
It probably had a commercial grid strainer, sometimes the littlest thing will clog the we have lots of them sometimes if you swirl the water it will drain right out shouldn't have to do that but unless it's truly clogged that's what I have experienced, when you swirl the water it opens up the holes in the strainer allowing air in

Last edited:
It has a push pop up stopper, from what I’ve been reading these are supposed to be a 50% fix, but it’s still slow. I’ve seen guys vent before the p trap, which fixed the problem. Not sure there is a way to do that and still be within code.

It has a push pop up stopper, from what I’ve been reading these are supposed to be a 50% fix, but it’s still slow. I’ve seen guys vent before the p trap, which fixed the problem. Not sure there is a way to do that and still be within code.
How long has it been installed. Maybe there is hair in the drain. Disassemble the trap and see.

If you vent before the trap (which I've not heard of) you'd need the vent to run above the run of the lav.

Can you adjust the pop up to open higher?

Back