Vertical Wet Vent and Waste Stack Vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvusal

Reaction score
Dear Experts,
I was big doubts about understanding International Plumbing Code about Vent Systems for vertical pipes.
At 913.1 (Waste Stack Vent) it is stated that for the waste stack vent (since it is also vertical wet vent) it is prohibited to discharge water closet to that stack. However, at 912.1 (Wet venting) water closed permited to connect to vertical wet vent (since it can be considered as waste stack vent).
Could some one explain me difference between vertical wet vent and waste stack vent. and explain deeply this mentioned requirements.

Thanks.

a vertical wet vent is the continuation of a drain that serves as a wet vent for lets say a sink
1 1/2 inches , in the diagram it is called a dry vent but that is incorrect, it is a vet vent

a vent stack is the continuation of a soil stack above it last connection to drainage

1654199615937.png

On my farthest sewage drain stem I am working with a small hole in the 10" thick concrete floor. My question is according to the IBC code can I use a 3" pvc sch 40 90* elbow; 2" bootheel fitting to get drain pipe to go from horizontal to vertical.

On my farthest sewage drain stem I am working with a small hole in the 10" thick concrete floor. My question is according to the IBC code can I use a 3" pvc sch 40 90* elbow; 2" bootheel fitting to get drain pipe to go from horizontal to vertical.
That fitting is not legal in Michigan for sanitary. You can use it to tie a vent in as long as its not a toilet

a vertical wet vent is the continuation of a drain that serves as a wet vent for lets say a sink
1 1/2 inches , in the diagram it is called a dry vent but that is incorrect, it is a vet vent

a vent stack is the continuation of a soil stack above it last connection to drainage

View attachment 35395
I'm a little confused by your comments, and I believe the diagram is correct. The part of the piping that is labeled "dry vent" is indeed a dry vent for the sink. The toilet is "wet vented" by the sink drain line, but the vent air comes from the sink's "dry vent" to the stack. The diagram is titled "Wet Venting".

The toilet is wet vented. The lavatory’s vertical is also the toilets vent, it’s labeled “ wet vent “

It’s only dry if the lavatory is not in use but it’s considered wet vented.

The vent above the fixture tee for the lav is a dry vent. below the fixture tee it is a wet vent for the terlet

the terlet is wet vented BY the lav, The lav is dry vented by a common vent that connects to a vent stack

Attachments

• wet vent example.jpeg
    wet vent example.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 6
The vent above the fixture tee for the lav is a dry vent. below the fixture tee it is a wet vent for the terlet

the terlet is wet vented BY the lav, The lav is dry vented by a common vent that connects to a vent stack
If the lav drain wasnt there the toilet would be dry vent correct? Thanks

Latest posts

Back