Venting issue with upflush

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djshayneguy

Reaction score
Installed a upflush pump in my basement for my washer to drain to the septic. When it drains I get gurgling in my bathroom toilet sink and bathtub. The upflush is vented, tied into the stink pipe going to the roof. Just wondering if anyone had an easy fix for this issue. The order of piping in the picture is as follows. From left to right...pipe going out to septic, bathtub drain to the side, bathroom sink drain to the side, toilet drain, upflush coming from the bottom, vent pipe tied into stink pipe, then the stink pipe then line leading to kitchen drains. If I cut into the main line closer to the septic (between bathtub and bathroom sink; see pic) and then run a pipe back to the vent on the upflush will that fix the gurgling or is there something that I can add to the pipe itself?
Thanks for any info on this.

image.jpg

Last edited:
What is the wye doing there with the branch on the bottom?
YOU need to take that out.

What is that 3" vertical riser?
Hope that is not the discharge from the sump. Too Big!
Unless you have one very large sump pump.
The fernco ( black coupling ) I'm guessing is connected to a second line behind the upside down wye.

The UPFLUSH looks like a shadow but I see now it's the Vertical riser from the sump.
The 3" does not have to be that large if that is the vent, But it does have to connect to the vent above the flood rim of the fixture that the vent you are connecting it to.

The wye you added for the sump has to be rolled 45 degrees above the centerline of the horizontal line you installed it on

qqqq.jpg

Last edited:
They eye with the branch on the bottom is the water coming up from the pump, it's 1" 1/2 pipe. The 3" pipe in front of it, is the vent coming up from the pump. It's tied into the stink pipe going through the roof.

If I change the wye so it comes in from the top of the main line will this fix the gurgling upstairs. Located in Michigan.

Sewage should not be going down the wye because of the check valve. The water sits in the top half of the pipe going up until the pump kicks on. Then the water that was sitting there gets pushed up. I will change it out like your picture and hope that stops the gurgling. Thanks

Back