Venting help!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthWellsLLC

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have posted a couple other times with no luck on any input, so hopefully 3rd time is the charm.

I recently purchased an old house in St Paul Minnesota. I am renovating it and have already done a bunch of work. The city inspector came out once for the rough-in and said, I had to either redo the basement bathroom so it had proper venting or remove it. I chose to redo, of course, I'm here 😆.
So far this is what I have. (Minnesota has it's own plumbing codes, also appears to tie into the UPC) I have 2" shower trap w/ 1/4" slope to a 2" vent within 60" that Im going to change by turning the trap and then having a straighttrap arm to the vent. The vanity ties into the existing soil stack w/ it's own vent (1 1/2") in the upstairs bathroom. The W/C can either tie into the existing cast upstream of the 4" cast iron vent stack or, wye into the 4" soil drain below the shower connection. If I bring the WC drain pipe down, do I need to install a 2" wye vent to run up and connect to the 2" shower vent? I rrad somewhere that 4" WC and 4" drain pipe are big enough that they don't need another vent. OR Should I connect to where the original toilet is by tying into the cast. I think the 4" main stack should qualify for venting, no?
Thank you

Attachments

• 20240108_131218.jpg
    20240108_131218.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240108_131146.jpg
    20240108_131146.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
As you said Minn uses their own code, so it would be hard for me to give advice not knowing your code. You may be able to get a local plumber out to go over the layout with you for a fee and you do the work, or pay them to do it. You could also work off the inspectors notes since they will have final say. Good luck

Back