Venting & Ejector Pump Advice

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carpenter8

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m seeking advice for a new bathroom project in my basement. My project is field inspection/over the counter permit only since it’s very small.

I have attached a sketch of what I’m trying to do. And my question is,

Since an ejector pump basin already requires a vent for the pit itself, do I need another venting pipe else where (for code)? If so where would I put it along my drawing? Any other general advice would be much appreciated.

Green - new 3” or 4” abs drain that will have shower, toilet and sink (in that order)

Red - purposed ejector pump pit. About 8’ away from the last fixture (sink)

Yellow - existing 3” drain for the upstairs

Blue - purposed venting for ejector pump pit

Attachments

• IMG_1606.jpeg
    IMG_1606.jpeg
    534.5 KB · Views: 0
Each fixture trap requires a vent to the atmosphere and there are distance requirements depending on the drain size. If you need further information, you need to provide a sketch of the piping with the trap and drain sizes. Some fixtures can "share" a vent depending on layout and distances.

Each fixture trap requires a vent to the atmosphere and there are distance requirements depending on the drain size. If you need further information, you need to provide a sketch of the piping with the trap and drain sizes. Some fixtures can "share" a vent depending on layout and distances.
Hey thanks for your response. I found my bathrooms fixture configuration on google. I attached it below. The only changes I’d make
1) it’s flipped around it’s SHOWER TOILET SINK
2) Since it’s a shower pan a 2” drain and a 2” p-trap instead on 1.5”?
3) my ejector pump has a 4in inlet so everything would be on a 4” and drain instead of 3”?

I also attached a sketch of my bathroom size. Its 7’6” x 5’ IMG_1616.jpegIMG_1617.jpeg

I use 2” traps for tubs and for showers. The only time I use 1.5”traps on residential new build is for a lavatory for the most part.

Latest posts

Back