Vent ?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTLBM

Reaction score
I bought a house a few years ago and just started with some repairs it needed, the house was built in 1942 or 1943 cant remember anyway I can not find a vent anywhere in the plumbing I do get a slow drain now an then but the toilets flush just fine.

has any one ever seen this befor where there was no plumbing Vents installed

Not to strange for that era . Check around side of house for pipes , lot of times they ran them up so far on the side of house. Also check for inline vents ect.

A couple of times I have seen where during some time a new roof was installed on a house and for some reason when the roofer re-decked the roof they did not cut a opening for the vent and left it in the attic. Actually, I've seen that more than a couple of times. You would still have a vent but just not vented to the outside. Have you checked this to see if you have a vent just hanging in the attic yet?

yes the attic was my first thought too and could not find anything outside the exterier of the dweling
the under slab plumbing runs from kitchin sink front of house down through the middle of the kitchin floor into laundry drain then carrys on back to the rear of the house to the two bathrooms and the to the city main sewer in the alley behind the house no anywhere

I bought a house a few years ago and just started with some repairs it needed, the house was built in 1942 or 1943 cant remember anyway I can not find a vent anywhere in the plumbing I do get a slow drain now an then but the toilets flush just fine.

has any one ever seen this befor where there was no plumbing Vents installed

The old systems used one stack to vent everything, if you have a system that has NO vents it has been removed or it was not installed if the first place; if you have no vents you have to do major repair to your hook ups, sorry.

Back