Vent problem?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otter6412

Reaction score
I have 2 bathrooms on a slab and the toilets are back to back. When you flush one or the other, the water goes down in the other one. If you don't use one bathroom for a while the water will be gone. It has one 3" vent between the toilets that appears to be clear. Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks

-Otter

what kind of terlets?

you said you dont use the bathroom for "awhile" 241213.gif how long is "awhile" ??????

if more than 2 or 3 days..evaporation of the p-trap occurs

i used to have a 2 1/2 bath house...had to flush the toilet 1 time a week..cause we did not use the 1/2 bath

Last edited:
You can stand and watch the water in the toilet move and go down as the toilet in the other bathroom is flushed. If you stand there and watch as the toilet in the other bathroom is flushed over and over, the water gets lower and lower.

-otter

No I don't have any idea how it was plumbed. House built in early 1990's. Both toilets were replaced with new units within the last few years and I'm wondering if this has something to do with it. Don't recall the old toilets having this problem.

-Otter

Latest posts

Back