Vanity Sink Installation With Porcelain Tile....

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIYJeff

Reaction score
Ok, ever do something backwards? We re-tiled our bathroom, really solid porcelain tiles, floor walls and ceiling, all great. Now, however, without a strong drill (and with limited funds) that will even fit a diamond bit (typical Black & Decker one-size bit - had used a Dremel to make holes in the tiles when placing them), and no idea precisely where the wall studs are anyway, I'm trying to figure out what to do with the vanity base to make it solidly in place. I guess I'm trying to find a solution that doesn't involve running out and buying a REAL drill and some higher-end stud finder and then going through the joy of boaring through some particularly tough porcelain in order to screw the base into the wall. Contemplated the plaster of Paris trick used when setting a toilet to avoid wobble, but then decided to ask some far more experienced people than a newbie like me. Any suggestions for installing this vanity's base? Also, any specific glue suggestions for securing the top to the base?

Thanks for the time reading this and providing any suggestions, always appreciated! :)

Excellent solution, prepared to do it, then opted for less work to drill into the grout using the masonry bit which managed to chew into enough of the neighboring tiles, then used molly bolts. Very solid results! :)

Back