Valve Placement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbradwell

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum. I have a Moen M-Pact Posi-Temp valve (model 2570) that has been installed in my shower/tub combo, but I realized that it is not set within the specifications given in the installation instructions. The instructions say to set it 32" from the tub floor, and within 6-11" of the spout. Mine is set at 36.5" above, and 18.5" away from the spout. It also assumes a 78" showerhead, and mine is 77".

How important is this? Moen says that deviating from the manual can cause water discharge from the showerhead when in tub fill mode. Are the instructions over-cautious or could this be a real issue? I want it done right but I don't love the idea of calling the plumber back out to move it. It has already been moved once, per my instructions, because both the spout and valve looked too low before (and were also not within the guidelines). I had to pay him again the first time and I can only assume he would charge me this time too.

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
Back