Valve drain cap

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

Jeffmoonchop

Reaction score
Hi everyone, every year I bleed out the hose before winter. When unscrewing the bleed cap I dropped it down a hole where my mains pipe goes and I can't get it out. So fast forward to Spring and I still haven't sorted it, can't use my hose without it.

It would be great if you could let me know if anyone will carry the exact valve I use so I can just buy it and screw the cap on again.

I am a total beginner at plumbing but can tell you what is written on the valve.

400WOG B1D-PEX NSF 61 1/2 inch.

Im in Canada so local suggestions would be best but would buy from anywhere really.

Alternatively, suggestions to plug it temporarily with easy removal of the plug when I can get it sorted would be fine.

Most suppliers I've been to seem to have a generic valve which have the caps but are too small for this particular valve.

Don't really want to call a plumber just for a cap.

Cheers

Attachments

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's just a bleeder cap, you can find them at any home improvement store

Jeffmoonchop

Reaction score
Unfortunately I cant. I've been to three major retailers. I bought both of the two available and they are too small for the thread.

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I cant. I've been to three major retailers. I bought both of the two available and they are too small for the thread.
You could buy the same valve with the same bleeder, or have you tried on line?????

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the name in the ball valve handle???? that should be your starting point

Jeffmoonchop

Reaction score
Yes I typed them all out in my original post. From your replies I'm guessing plumbers don't have a supplier they normally use that has anything and everything. That's kind of what I'm after.

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a very common style valve, apollo is a big valve company check thier web site