Utility sink into washer drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WizelB

Reaction score
Hello all! I am wanting to add a utility sink next to my washer. I have searched for posts regarding my situation and can't seem to find anything like what I have. The house was built in 1972. The washer standpipe goes directly into the slab with no ptrap that I can see. Also no venting. So what do I need to do to properly add a utility sink to this? There is no other plumbing close by to tap into.20200609_162622.jpg

Drop a tape measure down that to verify it is a trapped line which it should be. If so you cant add a sink and another trap on that line. What other stacks do you have in the area

There isn't anything anywhere near this area. This drain is all there is. How will measuring the pipe tell me if it is trapped or not? Thanks for your help!

See if there is water in the bottom. If the tape comes up wet there is a good chance it is trapped, it should be. If it isnt you could cut a tee in for the sink and then run a AAV if it is allowed in your area.

The stand pipe is trapped so I think I'll just cut the pipe, put a y in and put the sink in without a trap. Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Back