Used wet vac on kitchen sink -- horrid smell

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiemarie

Completely Clueless
Reaction score
Last night, my kitchen sink drain had water in it and I used a wet vac on it like I had read on the Internet. When the water was sucked out, it had a horrid smell. I ran some water to put water back in the p-trap. ??? Anyway, this morning it still smells really bad. It didn't smell when it had water standing in it. What have I done? Will the smell dissipate?

you unleashed the "fungusamongus"

a lite and airy aroma, slightly nutty, with a hint of pooh,

sewer gas, that "smell" is what the ptrap is designed to keep out of the house.

it is the smell of old grease,food,dish soap,pooh,pee,toothpaste,,

it tends to linger for a few hours, pour water in your p trap, spray some lysol, kid your husband for passing gas

it will go away in a few hours

There is no smell on earth worse than a kitchen sink drain. I'd rather stick my face in a full septic tank than cut open a plugged kitchen sink drain.

There is no smell on earth worse than a kitchen sink drain. I'd rather stick my face in a full septic tank than cut open a plugged kitchen sink drain.

Then you have never had the pleasure of pulling one of the boy boxes off the wall.
They are nastier than a kitchen sink. :eek::eek::eek:

dirty urnial.png

Had a guy try to blow out a 3rd floor kitchen drain stoppage with a shop vac. Blew it out the vent. Made a hell of a mess

Back