Unstable water pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanteA

Reaction score
Hi,
I have no plumbing experience and a small problem - I have been hoping you could share your thoughts and let me know what you think is the best solution.

I have a garage/shed/whatever you want to call it, which has equipment inside, which relies on steady pressure of water to work properly (it dilutes chemicals and any sudden jumps/decreases in pressure affect the mix). Inside this small building, there is a toilet built from a fake/cardboard wall, where there is a water pipe.

I have connected the equipment with the main pipe using a plastic 15mm pipe, as shown on the attached diagram. Unfortunately, the pressure is not really steady (it varies a lot) and it is far from being strong.

I was wondering - what should I do?
(a) Is there some small automatic water pipe which I could install between the plastic 15mm pipes to increase and stabilise the pressure?
(b) maybe if I drilled a hole in the wall and re-route the plastic pipe (to go directly from the toilet to the equipment) this would make a big difference to the pressure and its steadiness?
(c) ... or maybe there is something else?

Thank you very much for your kind help and time. I really appreciate it.

Best regards,
Dante

pipe.jpg

Hi,
Thank you for the prompt response!

A tank, a space creature? But... my mum always said that my drawings are great... ! ;p.

Please find attached the requested pictures (one showing the connection near the equipment and one showing the main pipe connection).

NB: the equipment works on "on-demand" basis (you press the button, it takes water and mixes it with chemicals, thus outputting the necessary mix, to fill e.g. 6L canister), so it's not like I need to shift hectolitres of water...

Thank you for all the tips.

pipe1.jpg

pipe2.jpg

Back