U.k./ u.s. Standards

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrwhite103

Reaction score
I live in California, U.S. I am going to Wales to help a friend install some A/V equipment in a church. One thing that is needed is a 9-meter pipe to suspend a projector from the ceiling. The mounting fixtures are designed for water pipe used in the U.S. I do not know what "standards" are used in the U.K. What I need is (in U.S. terms):1-1/2" NPT or NPSM following ANSI/ASME B1.20.1
(Schedule 40, 0.154" minimum thickness steel or aluminum
- ASTM B221) threaded extension column. Does the U.K. have this, or the equivalent. Are the U.K. threads the same as in the U.S.?

I live in California,

I am sorry,,,have you tried to escape ?

U.S. I am going to Wales to help a friend install some A/V equipment in a church. One thing that is needed is a 9-meter pipe to suspend a projector from the ceiling. The mounting fixtures are designed for water pipe used in the U.S. I do not know what "standards" are used in the U.K. What I need is (in U.S. terms):1-1/2" NPT or NPSM following ANSI/ASME B1.20.1
(Schedule 40, 0.154" minimum thickness steel or aluminum
- ASTM B221) threaded extension column. Does the U.K. have this, or the equivalent. Are the U.K. threads the same as in the U.S.?

good question,,,,

we have a member here from "the land of metric" Matt can help you out when he gets off of work

One of our members is a plumber in the UK. Although he only frequents this forum occasionally, I just sent him a message and hopefully he will pop in here to give the OP some solid advice.

You will find the pipe threads over there to be different. There are transition couplings to go from one to the other, just not sure the sizes.

Back