Tub Spout Replacement Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guenther93

Reaction score
I am attempting to replace a broken tub spout and am stuck at this point. Attached is a picture of the mount that is on the pipe. I have no idea how this mount is attached to the pipe. I don't see any obvious screws and it doesn't easily unscrew - are any users on this forum familiar with this brand of mount and how it is on there? Or if you know the brand I could likely just buy a replacement spout that fits on that mount.

Thank you in advance.

20121125_135452.jpg

There is either a hex head set screw that is hiding from you, or it is soldered on. I have seen them both ways. I am pretty sure (not positive) that it is a Delta.

brass piece is soldered on. Heat up the brass and remove it from copper stub out or buy another delta diverter replace that o-ring and install on the existing brass coupler

Thank you so much for your replies - especially the fact that Delta will replace the spout for free - I didn't even consider that option. I just got off the phone with Delta and they are shipping a free replacement. Much easier than replacing the coupling.

Back