Tub spigot and handle loose

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildduk

Reaction score
I've got a tub where the hot/cold handle and the spigot are loose.....I took off the face plate on the control handle to look inside the wall.....Apparently there is a type of clamp that holds the copper piping to the 2x4, and it has broke.....Its very tight in there, but worse, thre 2x4 is about 4 inches below the bottom tile.....Any tips on how to resecure the copper piping...It is still usable, but would like to secure it up if possible....

Thx

The best way would be to cut a hole behind the valve, if possible. If this can't be done, you can either open up the front and use a bigger face plate or I've been told you can use a can of the expanding foam to secure the pipes in the wall. Mind you, this what I was only told, and you might hear controversy about this following my post, which I would welcome.

If the 2x4 is behind the copper line that drops down the tub spout, can you get a suspension clamp on int and screw the clamp off to the top of the 2x4? A suspension clamp has the tabs with the screwholes at a right angle to the run of the pipe that it wraps around, so that the screws are running the same direction as the pipe.

Latest posts

Back