Tub overflow drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbrock94

Reaction score
I have a tub overflow drain that doesn’t make good contact because the location it was placed. I am wanting to use the oatey flexible style overflow, can I just cut the pipe towards the bottom and leave enough room to install a coupling and splice them together? IMG_3663.png
IMG_3662.png

We like to use no-hub style couplings for connections around waste/overflow assemblies. It is vital to tighten properly, of course.
The Oatey you show is great. Often we only need to use a no-hub style coupling on the overflow part to get aligned.

We like to use no-hub style couplings for connections around waste/overflow assemblies. It is vital to tighten properly, of course.
The Oatey you show is great. Often we only need to use a no-hub style coupling on the overflow part to get aligned.
Would I be able to cut it towards the joint in the mail drain it’s connected to, use the no hub coupling and then add the oatey flexible?IMG_3667.jpeg

We rarely use 'unshielded' couplings and always use shielded. On the other hand, there is not much stress on unshielded in your situation...so if the pipe sizes are both compatible, then yes.
There are made, many other transition couplings that can accommodate various size pipes/tube.

Back