Tub draining under house

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seahawkdodge

Reaction score
I am not sure how long this leak has been going on, but I would gather it has been a few months. The tub is leaking directly underneath, and has a pretty nasty odor. How do I fix this leak? Is there a missing piece to the plumbing? I see the trap, but it is pretty low.

Also, how do I clean this out and get rid of the smell???

IMG_20150613_170752 (1).jpg

i cant tell what the hell i am looking at..back up,,its to close

shovel the stuff up. spread lime out over everything, it will kill bacteria.

the smell, will go away, after you kill all the bacteria,,

50 lb sack of lime from garden dept at ho depot

Sorry Frodo. I removed the drywall from the other side of the wall, next to the drain. The picture is looking down at the drain from the hole.

IMG_20150613_170730.jpg

I would personally hire the proper person to get in there and do the work. Do you honestly want to climb into that nightmare. You may want to contact a restoration company to help dry it out. We had a water line rupture in kitchen years ago and the insurance co. brought in there people with industrial dehumidifiers and fans.

I worked on a few large factories that had leaks under the building and they sprayed lime down to help absorb the water. Good luck

There would be as much bacteria there as there would be in a septic tank. My only recommendation would be to bring in professionals.

Get some thick neoprene gloves and scoop it all out.
The guy you hire to fix it will appreciate it.

I just did one a couple weeks ago.

If you have a plastic p-trap down in there that is okay the fix will be a lot easier.

Looks like a slip joint nut down in the hole looking back up at you.

Just replace the tube waste and overflow. One with slip nuts like the one you have will be more novice friendly to do it yourself.

The one I did had a iron p-trap that had rotted out and fallen off.
I had to cut the steel trap arm with a sawsall. I then rebuilt it with ABS all glued fittings and a mission banded coupling to the steel nipple

Back