Trying to find out what the name of this part is.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccualumni

Reaction score
I cannot believe I cannot find this answer as I have searched on a ton of sites via Google. I can find a picture of it, videos of toilet repair and parts websites, but cannot find the name of the part.

The problem is that I am trying to replace it because it is broken and the flush arm/lever hits teh top of the toilet cover. Since I do not know what to call it, I cannot search for it.

The part is blue on my toilet, but the color does not matter, and screws to the top of the overflow tube.

I have attached two pictures. The item has been circled and in one picture, the guys thumb is right on the part.

Thank you for your help.

overflow tube part 2.jpg

Overflow tube part.jpg

Last edited:
looks like a mansfield flush valve if you buy the repair kit it comes with the disk that keeps the plunger from coming off. that part unscrews

That is a Mansfield Flush valve. exclusively used in Mansfield toilets.
should be easy to find. search for a Mansfield stop cap

" Mansfield" usually printed right on the bowl of toilet just behind the seat hinges.

In a bind, Ive cut a hole in a bottle cap and used some electrical tape to secure the hose. Never had luck finding just the disk, had to buy the whole assembly

or just put a regular flush valve in instead. the rubber disk on the bottom of plunger usually causes problems and makes it hard to flush toilet which results in a broken toilet handle very bad design i think

Latest posts

Back