Trouble shooting help for new low shower pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Stinson

Reaction score
Hello,
Recently my daughter told me her shower was not working properly. I took a look at it, there is very little water pressure in her shower that has been functioning correctly for about 3 years. I replaced the cartridge (it was my understanding that many current water issues can be handled this way.) The problem was new she said she had about one day in which the pressure was pretty low, the next you can't take a shower (not enough water to keep the show engaged, it goes back to tub). Here are some background for the house. It was built in 2006. The house uses PEX. There is no water leaking anyplace. we have a had a functional water softener for about 2.5 years. There was a water softener in the house when we moved it in, it did not work (I don't know how long it wasn't working). No other fixtures are having any issues. Delta Faucet (using cartridge RP32014).
I tried letting water flow out of the fixture with no cartridge in hoping it would push out any sediment. I was by myself for this so i didn't let it run that long. since i was going to have run up from water shutoff in the basement. I found no sediment in the tub. The fixture is on the second floor. The other shower on the second floor works fine. It seems very little water is getting to the fixture, but I don't know why. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Eric

Last edited:
We just had something like this come up on the forum, did you remove the shower head and try without ,you can also pour vinegar down the shower arm with out the cartridge in to see if you get flow(vinegar)did you pull up on the spout diverter and hold it up to see if that works

Back