Towel rack holder in toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeflogue

Reaction score
Hello all, hoping for some seasoned advice here. My son flushed a towel rack holder down the toilet, and it it just the right diameter to make it almost impossible to move around in there. I have tried the auger, and tried to get tools in there to cut the metal, but i can't cut it and have gotten it to the base of the toilet but the bend does not allow it to go any further, and trying to push it back up has been unsuccessful as well. I just picked up a container of muriatic acid and a spray bottle of the same type of plastic so that I can try to walk by every so often and spray it (its currently outside since ive almost given up hope and halfway decided to blow the money on a new toilet) and hopefully dissolve it enough so I can get it out, but I was hoping for some advice. The towel rack is chrome, non magnetic and i cut into it's partner and the metal is all silver colored. Will this work? Especially since its not going to be immersed?

Problem I see is how are you going to guarantee that the acid stays where it's supposed too? Have you tilted the toilet upside down and gone from the backside with the auger to get it out? Have gotten several of those holders out of toilets. Also, what type of auger are you using? Does make a difference on the head. If you can get a drop head auger in there have a good chance of breaking the holder and taking it out in pieces. Or even a spring head if it's big enough, could break or pull the object out.

Pull the toilet, and push it back out the way it went in. It will cost you about $5 for a new wax ring, and 10 minutes of your time.

Ive already pulled the toilet and have it outside with the hopes of it shrinking in the cold, I don't have the type of auger that your talking about but Ive already experimented mutilating the other holder and it is a very sturdy metal. Ive literally spent hours trying to get it to come back out the way it came in, but its like it was designed for this sole purpose (never did stay on the wall very well)

Seems to stay in your toilet better than it did on the wall? Lol. Sorry. If you tilted the toilet upside down can you see it?

Yes, right at the bottom but I can't get tools around the bend to mutilate it and the bend into the theoretical floor is too sharp to get it by

If you take a flashlight and look in the drain hole at the bottom of the toilet and see the object then you can get it out with a heavy coat hanger or something like that. If you don't see it then it is stuck in the trap itself and you probably wont get it. Probably best to just go out and buy and new toilet and have a nice little talk to your son about putting things in the toilet. LOL!!!!

$50 -$60 for a General auger T6FL with a regular head.
I've pulled tennis balls out with that bad boy.

Had an IPhone jammed in a bowl pretty good in a women's restroom.

IMG_4885.JPG

IMG_3228.jpg

Back