Toto toilet not clearing bowl.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmett518

Reaction score
I have a TOTO toilet in a mother in law apartment. There is a bathroom sink, a toilet, and a kitchen sink.

The kitchen sink drains fine. In fact, if I fill the sink with water, and pull the drain stopper, the water sucks out like it is under vacuum.

The toilet will not empty the bowl of solid waste or paper. I have to flush 2 or 3 times to clear the bowl.

I called TOTO, and they did the penny flush, and it went down fine. I also got one of those six foot, Ridgid toilet augers, and cleaned six feet down the drain. No change.

When the bowl flushes even with the tank full, it flushes like it does when you flush a second time with the tank half empty, meaning the bowl empties completely, and air gets sucked into the drain before the bowl refills with water.

Any suggestions on what might be going on? Is the number of gallons that get flushed with each handle pull adjustable? I don't think the holes in the rim are clogged. Toilet is maybe 10 years old.

Thanks.

If you're saying it flushes water-only just fine, but solids, not so much, then there's something in the trapway that's blocking the solids. Sometimes something like a toothbrush might get jammed in there; it will pass an auger OK, but not a clump of solid waste. I'd run a camera down the trapway (if you have access to one), or just pull the toilet and have a look under there.

remove the tank cover and see if things are working properly when you flush....toto had a gray flapper that was made of plastic and rubber they would come apart sometimes

Latest posts

Back