Toilet Tank supply valve condition

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CluelessHomeowner

Reaction score
is this normal ? I check the other 2 toilets and this is the only one

I'm guessing i need a new valve? I don't know if it's 1/2 or 3/4 :? I'll need to shut off the cold water line outside of the house and turn on the a cold faucet before working on this ?

I think it's just a compression fitting so a wrench, drag and some container for the job ??

DSCF4582.jpg

Yes! That is 5/8 compression on the pipe from wall. pull the old ferrule/olive and nut off. don't try and reuse it.
Sometimes the ferrule crushes the pipe and is hard to get off.
You can use a fine tooth hacksaw blade and cut the pipe right behind the ferrule. You have extra pipe sticking oit of the wall. Those 1/4 turn brasscraft you get at HD are crap. The stems are small and break off easy. I use DAHL valves.

Last edited:
Yes! That is 5/8 compression on the pipe from wall. pull the old ferrule/olive and nut off. don't try and reuse it.
You can use a fine tooth hacksaw blade and cut the pipe right behind the ferrule. You have extra pipe sticking oit of the wall. Those 1/4 turn brasscraft you get at HD are crap. The stems are small and break off easy. I use DAHL valves.

where can i get DHAL valves? lowes? homedpot?

I found out that there's a class action lawsuit against Brasscraft regarding the valves you mentioned

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/closed-settlements/332382-brasscraft-plumbing-defect-class-action-settlement/

Untitled.jpg

Back