Toilet Supply Connector compression end threads too short

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacoblove

Reaction score
So I accidentally bent and punctured the old water supply connector on my toilet trying to install a bidet, and I've since then bought around 5 different connectors from 5 different places. All of which end up not being able to screw onto the water supply because the amount of threading on the hose isn't long enough. Hopefully this makes sense. I thought about getting some Teflon tape to just wrap the old wire hose but I want a more permanent and less tacky fix. Thank you in advance and I apologize if I am not being clear enough. Feel free to ask me any questions to get more clarification.

Edit: Some photos

IMAG0704.jpg

IMAG0700.jpg

IMAG0701.jpg

IMAG0705.jpg

Last edited:
Are trying to connect to a valve with a corrugated supply the is not removable, Similar to the one in the picture.

Not recommended but you can do it with a short brass nipple.
Get a supply that will screw onto a standard 1/2 Brass nipple.
use the other end of the nipple to fit on what's left of the corrugated supply.

You will need a 1\2"nut, THREADED CONE WASHER and a friction ring.

best thing to do is change the valve

ameriflex.png

6.jpg

Go buy a 24" steel flex line, then loop it if needed. You have one additional piece of plastic you can also get rid of at the bottom of the toilet. It is unnecessary unless you have a bidet adapter it is needed for.

OP has a shut-off valve with male FLARE FITTING outlet. Remove and replace shut-off valve with normal quarter turn shut-off valve and then a normal flex supply line will work.

From the pics the valve you need is probably a 3/8"fip x 3/8" OD compression straight valve. Measure the outside diameter of the pipe nipple the valve is attached to. If the outside diameter is 5/8", then the 3/8"fip valve will work. If diameter is 7/8", then buy a 1/2"fip valve. Remember to hold the pipe nipple coming out of the floor with a pipe wrench when you remove the existing valve.

Back