Toilet still "ghost flushing" after replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeekha

Reaction score
Hi, I had a toilet that was seeming to flush itself and the tank was spraying the water up which was causing it to trickle down the side of the toilet and soak the floor. The toilet is on the second story, and I can see directly underneath is when I am on the first floor.

I replaced the entire toilet last week, but since then, I still see a little bit of dripping from what seemed like directly beside the toilet drain pipe (looking from underneath) and I can hear intermittent trickling. I noticed today that this new toilet is now flushing itself. So it leads me to believe it's not the toilet, but possibly the drain pipe, or maybe some valve attached to it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Sometimes you get new toilets that come with defects. It sounds like you need to gently sand down where the flapper sits

I had a toilet that was seeming to flush itself and the tank was spraying the water up which was causing it to trickle down the side of the toilet and soak the floor. The toilet is on the second story, and I can see directly underneath is when I am on the first floor.

I replaced the entire toilet last week, but since then, I still see a little bit of dripping from what seemed like directly beside the toilet drain pipe (looking from underneath) and I can hear intermittent trickling. I noticed today that this new toilet is now flushing itself. So it leads me to believe it's not the toilet, but possibly the drain pipe, or maybe some valve attached to it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

-CLICK HERE--- Toilet Runs On Its Own Ghost Flushing ---CLICK HERE-

If you actually see water leakage from below (@ the toilet flange), either the floor was saturated from the previous leak and not allowed to dry thoroughly, a bad wax ring (poor install) or there is an external toilet leak (fill valve supply - bowl to tank gasket).

Back