Toilet Sounds like an airplane taking off..help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keenan157

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently installed a Old Fashioned toilet with the tank up high and a pull chain to flush.. Before I uninstall it I thought I would ask for help.. Here is the problem; when you flush, the water hits the bowl with such velocity that some of the water swirls out of the bowl. Also the tank is crazy loud, as the water leaves the tank and travels down drain to the bowl, the fill/overflow pipe is sucking so much air that it sounds like a plaine is taking off.. the kids love it since there is no discreetly going to the bathroom.. Any suggestions, I love the look but it might have to go??

I would try adjusting the float down, keeping the volume of water in the tank at a minimum, but enough to get the job done.

Can you post a picture of the whole unit and one of inside of the tank.
I've had some experince with wall mounted tanks.
Don't see to many of those any more.
The last one I fixed was at the KGB 101.5 Radio tower transmitter bldg.
Tank wasn't high up on the wall though.
If I recall at on time they were makinig a modern replica of the high wall mounted tank toilet for those who wanted an old back in the day look.

I wonder if the drop down tubes have some sort of baffle inside it to stop the quick flow of water from the tank to the bowl?

Back