Toilet Silently overflowing

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

Wendland

Reaction score
Moved into new place and guest bathroom toilet was silently spilling into the overflow. I adjusted the refill mechanism so it would stop refilling about 2 inches below the overflow tube. A few days later I checked and it was overflowing again. When I flush it only refills to the 2 inches below the overflow but after a few hours its overflowing again. I dont hear any water refilling or any dripping or anything so not sure what's going on. Do I just need to replace the refill mechanism

Diehard

Reaction score
Well I would venture a guess that he felt he would have a better chance for a quick response.
OR
He was looking to see if he might get two different answers. :rolleyes:

Monty Hobson

Reaction score
Moved into new place and guest bathroom toilet was silently spilling into the overflow. I adjusted the refill mechanism so it would stop refilling about 2 inches below the overflow tube. A few days later I checked and it was overflowing again. When I flush it only refills to the 2 inches below the overflow but after a few hours its overflowing again. I dont hear any water refilling or any dripping or anything so not sure what's going on. Do I just need to replace the refill mechanism
Try checking the water valve behind the toilet to see if it is loose. Sometimes there's a washer missing or worn down and the hand valve is allowing extra water slowly into the mix so that your toilet level slowly creeps up. Hope you're able to find the solution!
https://prestigeut.com/

Jeff Handy

Pro Handyman, NOT A Pro Plumber
Reaction score
The link he posted is for a plumbing service.
If he works there, they are doomed, IMHO.
Totally unclear on the concept.

Latest posts

Group Builder