toilet seats......

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windy

Reaction score
Not really a plumbing question but what is typically considered a better toilet seat.....the plastic ones or the wooden enameled ones?

I prefer the more expensive 'Slow Close' plastic toilet seats. Kohler makes a great one. They are sturdier, quieter, more comfortable, easier to clean and more sanitary. They also usually include a self stick hinge when combined with the back screws, makes for a seat which doesn't shift therefore making it safer. As they say, "you get what you pay for."

They are really great. it takes about 7-8 seconds for the lid to close, and is done without any noises. Available at most big box stores for ~ $30.00.

Thanks. That's exactly what I got, a plastic slow close seat. I've had a slow close plastic seat for several years but one of the back bolts broke recently. So I bought another one just like the old one. But I found myself standing in front of the display of toilet seats wondering. In the past I have found the wooden ones enamel sometimes chips leaving wood spots showing. And the wooden seats are heavy.

I guess I just basically wanted confirmation I made the right choice. :D

I want to thank you guys for all your help and support. I do have one more plumbing problem to deal with but I haven't steeled myself yet to tackle it. It has to do with a leaky pipe under the wash basins my washing machine empties into. Fortunately it's directly over the floor drain in my basement so I've ignored it so far but I'm going to have to deal with it soon. I'll start a new thread on that one when I feel brave enough to tackle it.

Back