Toilet seat recommendations?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zanne

Reaction score
Anyone able to recommend good toilet seats for a guest bathroom? It will mostly be used by a big guy with padding on his front but not his rear.
My requirements:
* Sturdy (stays in place well, won't chip, crack, etc)
* Easy-to-clean (I'm pondering the quick-release type ones that an be pulled off)
* Soft or slow close so it won't slam down
* Comfortable (I know what is comfortable for me, but I've got more padding, so I am open to suggestions on what is comfortable for men with no asses to sit on).
* Elongated (it will be going on a cotton white elongated toto drake)

In terms of comfort-- ones that slant too much tend to be uncomfortable and the ones that go up at the tailbone are annoying if someone has to spend too much time sitting there. And the main user does a lot of Fill-it-In puzzles in the bathroom.

Smelly-graffiti-toilet-seat.jpg

unique%2Btoilet%2Bseats%2Bcool%2Bdesigns%2Bideas.jpg

Last edited:
I personally prefer just a generic plastic seat with 2 bolts to hold it down. I find a lot of these quick release ones tend to shift loose after a while. Sure, it's no big deal when you're handy, but it's annoying to those who can't turn a screwdriver right/left.

LOL! Those are some pretty cool ones.

I know what you mean on the having to tighten the bolts up. I have to tighten mine from time to time. I got a discontinued Kohler one that has a cushioned seat. It was discontinued because it stains and won't come clean.

Here's another question: Are the open front (horseshoe shaped) ones more comfortable for men?

Anyone know if the Mayfair or Bemis seats with the "sta-tite" grips actually stay on tightly?

Latest posts

Back