Toilet keeps running

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Forum.

My toilet keeps running. The only way I found to stop it was to put a sick under a part of the tank that, when elevated by the stick, it stopped the continuous flow of water. I will be posting photos and videos here soon. Can I get some help? Am I at the right place for help?

Just from your description it sounds like you have an old style fill valve with a "floating" bulb that no longer floats. Replace it with a Fluidmaster 400.
31FOn2WdUbL._AC_US100_.jpg
400a-3.jpg

Last edited:
You need to replace that red 210 Mansfield gasket. The top piece on that tower is broken. Look online and you can probably find
one. The black hose goes into the small hole of the tower where the piece is broken. There is nothing wrong with those flush valves
as all you need to do is replace that gasket and make sure it is in its grove and you will be good to go.

I am very happy and grateful. I am happy to say that my toilet is fixed. Now my son won't be using the toilet of the mater bedroom. And I am grateful to the people here who have posted helpful advice. I bought the Red Korky 427BP Flush Valve Seal For Mansfield 210 and 211 at Ace Hardware locally. It had a QR code on the back of the packaging and when I scanned it it opened a google page which, when I clicked on the video option, it linked to a video. which I will post here.

Notice he says to but the product inside the top ridge. If you reach down into the tank and feel along the edges of the circle you can feel a top and bottom ridge. It is kind of like this:

ridges.png

If you put the item along the bottom seal, which is against the instruction but it might feel intuitive, then there will be a leak and the water level in the tank will get low enough to make one of thost "ghost flushes" that the instructor in the video stated. But if you are sure to put this item along the top ridge, it will be fine.

By the way, this item that goes on the top of the flush tower was found wedged at the bottom and might have been a partial or whole cause of the problem

20240126_201954.jpg

I am post this in hopes it might help someone in the future.

Last edited:
Back