Toilet flush problems..........GRR!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty81

Reaction score
Ok, so about a month ago, we started having problems with our toilet not wanting to flush. #1 will usually flush slow but it will flush unless TP was used the flush before. If you use TP and/or go #2, it will either barely flush and won't flush the next time or it wont flush at all. Use of an accordian plunger usually makes it drain fine. This is an on going battle though. Dosn't seem like a normal plug. I also tried one of those pressure balloons. Ran the water for about 5 minutes and it seemed to help a bit but it still dosn't seem like it flushing like it used to. I might add that it appears to me that a small flow of water is coming back in through the drain??? You can see little fragments of TP swirling around in the bottom, Especailly after plungering.
The TP after plungering would indicate a clog to me but dang, I have been plungering and the works like crazy, figured it would have gone down by now.

I don't know what to do next............

If I have to take the damn toilet off then its getting replaced.

Also might add that all the other drains drain fine.

Any help would be good, thanks.

There might be a clog in the drain line serving the toilet.

Could be a clog in the toilet itself.

I assume that you have tried holding the handle down when flushing? If it flushes fine by doing so, you might need a new flapper.

Auger the toilet its probably a toy or something lodged in the neck of the toilet or maybe Q-tips or something stupid if you replace the toilet break the old one and tell us what it was :) I'm Curious.

Ben's Plumbing
100 E Center St, Provo, UT 84604
(801) 850-9087 ‎
benjaminfranklinplumbing.com

I once pulled a barbie ( no sign of ken ) out of a jr high schools bathroom toilet.

Seen deodorant sticks get stuck in the toilet usually dropped from a shelf over the
Toilet. The plumber used a piece of mirror to locate the clog and burned the deodorant stick in half to get it out.

smitty81 said:
Ok, so about a month ago, we started having problems with our toilet not wanting to flush. #1 will usually flush slow but it will flush unless TP was used the flush before. If you use TP and/or go #2, it will either barely flush and won't flush the next time or it wont flush at all. Use of an accordian plunger usually makes it drain fine. This is an on going battle though. Dosn't seem like a normal plug. I also tried one of those pressure balloons. Ran the water for about 5 minutes and it seemed to help a bit but it still dosn't seem like it flushing like it used to. I might add that it appears to me that a small flow of water is coming back in through the drain??? You can see little fragments of TP swirling around in the bottom, Especailly after plungering.
The TP after plungering would indicate a clog to me but dang, I have been plungering and the works like crazy, figured it would have gone down by now.

I don't know what to do next............

If I have to take the damn toilet off then its getting replaced.

Also might add that all the other drains drain fine.

Any help would be good, thanks.

Don't buy a new toilet which is unnecessary. Auger the bowl if still an issue, pull bowl and send auger from the horn ( bottom) up

Back