Toilet Flange Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runerx23

Reaction score
I’m replacing my toilet because it was rusted out and the subfloor because it was also rotten from water. Is this white PVC ring, that’s 5.5” in diameter, the toilet flange? If it’s not do I need to install one still before the toilet goes on? I’m going to install a Kohler Highline Arc toilet. SKU number to the toilet is 1003951329

We are dear a Home Depot for supplies .

Attachments

• IMG_1801.jpeg
    IMG_1801.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
Was there a metal ring around that pvc???? Is that what was rusted, if the tank to bowl bolts were rusted they can be replaced, if the bolts that secure the toilet to the flange were rusted they can be replaced, if there was a metal ring around the PVC that also can be replaced

Was there a metal ring around that pvc???? Is that what was rusted, if the tank to bowl bolts were rusted they can be replaced, if the bolts that secure the toilet to the flange were rusted they can be replaced, if there was a metal ring around the PVC that also can be replaced
We think there was a metal ring but I think it disintegrated. We purchased a replacement/repair kit for the toilet flange from Home Depot. It’s called

HydroSeat Stainless Steel Toilet Flange Repair and the SKU is 1000041185.​

Has anyone had experience with this particular product?
I’m confident the toilet will work but would like further advice on the flange repair kit mentioned above if anyone has insight. Is there another option that might be better?

The stainless repair part looks like a ring that split in half one side bolts together you put that under the PVC bolt it together and secure it to the floor with stainless steel screws.this is the best option

That also makes sense. Don’t you think spending a little more money on this, would be a better solution?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-HydroSeat-Stainless-Steel-Toilet-Flange-Repair-10672X/204403879
The blue inner ring would lower into the PVC and the openings on the side would screw into the flooring. That blue ring provides additional protection against water and gases.

Don't waste your time with that blue part of it goes inside the pipe your making the pipe size smaller, if you had to auger it and the blue part got hooked on the auger now you have another issue
What do you suggest instead of the blue piece?

I’m replacing my toilet because it was rusted out and the subfloor because it was also rotten from water. Is this white PVC ring, that’s 5.5” in diameter, the toilet flange? If it’s not do I need to install one still before the toilet goes on? I’m going to install a Kohler Highline Arc toilet. SKU number to the toilet is 1003951329

We are dear a Home Depot for supplies .
I think you'd better to replace that old toilet flange. I did replace mine a year ago because I had the same case as yours. The whole subfloor was rotten & I replaced the rotten subfloor with a new one in one piece (not 2 pieces as yours). I also reinforced the new floor by adding new support to existing floor joists. I bought 4 in. PVC Open Toilet Flange Replacement at Home Depot (SKU: 100139480). Setting up this one easily. Before buying, make sure flange can fit to you pipe. In my case, I bought 4" because it fit to my 4" pipe.

Attachments

• oatey-toilet-flanges-43539-40_100.jpg
    oatey-toilet-flanges-43539-40_100.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 0
  • oatey-toilet-flanges-43539-64_100.jpg
    oatey-toilet-flanges-43539-64_100.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
  • oatey-toilet-flanges-43539-a0_145.jpg
    oatey-toilet-flanges-43539-a0_145.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 0
  • oatey-toilet-flanges-43539-e1_100.jpg
    oatey-toilet-flanges-43539-e1_100.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 0
Unless his floor is compromised,that flange repair kit in post#8 will work, it installs in about 5 minutes, do t forget to secure it with stainless steel hardware for wood or concrete anchors for concrete

I agree with Geofd. The plastic part of your flange looks good. Buy the SS replair flange and put it around the
plastic piece and then fasten it down. We wouldn't be telling you this if we haven't done it ourselves over the years.
Let us know how it goes and send us a picture for other people to see.

I agree with Geofd. The plastic part of your flange looks good. Buy the SS replair flange and put it around the
plastic piece and then fasten it down. We wouldn't be telling you this if we haven't done it ourselves over the years.
Let us know how it goes and send us a picture for other people to see.

We did end up going with the Danco Hydroseat (post #9). I understand what you’re saying Geofd about auggering it if needed. Hopefully that doesn’t get caught if we need to. It’s been in for about a week now and been used half a dozen times. No leaks so far! Yay!

Looking back, this was much easier than I expected.

We did end up going with the Danco Hydroseat (post #9). I understand what you’re saying Geofd about auggering it if needed. Hopefully that doesn’t get caught if we need to. It’s been in for about a week now and been used half a dozen times. No leaks so far! Yay!

Looking back, this was much easier than I expected.
Forgot to mention. I read and watched a lot of videos on the HydroSeat. Many people placed the wax ring on top of the hydroseat. Don’t. Read the instructions on the box and place the wax ring down first, then the hydroseat, then the toilet.

Hi arctic bill, thanks for the reply.
I know it’s a 12” rough in. Can you explain your reasoning please?
buy a toilet that flush everything. sometimes those fancy designer toilet look good but can not flush the brown stuff. there are web sites that rate the flushability of toilets .

Back